Tuffa 1150 Litre Fire Protected Bunded Oil Tank
|Length - mm||2680|
|Width - mm||870|
|Height - mm||1665|
|Weight - kg||250|
|Capacity - Litres||1150|
|Suitable for Drinking Water (Potable)||No|
Our bespoke 1150 litre Tuffa oil storage tank is a fully bunded fire protected tank ideal for both domestic and commercial installations. Sanctioned by the Local Authority Building Control (LABC), it has an integrally fitted “fire barrier” constructed from a high-quality fire retardant material enabling the tank to be installed in closer proximity to buildings and boundaries than conventional unprotected oil tanks.
The bunded design offers enhanced protection for the oil and surrounding environment with the inner tank holding the oil while the outer bund carries a minimum 110% of the total amount of liquid being stored. In the unlikely event of the inner tank splitting, the outer bund retains the contents and safeguards the immediate area from potentially-costly pollution.
Manufactured in the UK from tough, recyclable and UV-resistant polyethylene, this tank can be supplied with either a 30 or 60 minute fire resistance through the integration of its unique and patented fire barrier around the inner tank to deliver fire resistance.
- Integral fire protection
- LABC approved
- Available with 30 or 60 minutes fire resistance
- Brimful capacity of 1150 litres (252 gallons)
- Bund contains a minimum 110% volume of the inner tank
- Covered bund prevents the collection of rainwater and debris
- Moulded from premium grade, UV stabilised and recyclable Polyethylene (MDPE)
- Corrosion resistant
- Overfill prevention device
- Level float and Watchman Sonic gauge
- Lockable hinged flap lid
- 10 year warranty
- Optional 10mm top outlet available
The tank has a brim-full capacity of 1150 litres (252 gallons) which is the maximum volume of liquid it can hold if it were to be filled completely to the top. It is also equipped with an automatic shut-off overfill prevention device and a level float gauge which denotes the fuel level along with a secondary measure of the fuel quantity in the clear inner tank.
Users will also benefit from the Watchman Sonic gauge which remotely monitors the amount of fuel in your oil storage tank and wirelessly transmits the reading to an indoors receiver meaning you don’t have to go out in the cold to establish your fuel level. When the level is below 10 per cent, the fuel dispensing pump symbol appears on the receiver as a reminder to order more oil.
The lockable hinged flap lid affords easy access to the tank and provides an additional security element. This tank comes supplied with a 10 year warranty for your peace of mind.
30 minutes fire resistance is appropriate for domestic installations whilst the optional 60 minute resistance is required for commercial installations - this allows the tank to be located within 1.8m of combustible structures, openings in buildings and eaves, as well as positioned within 760mm of a combustible boundary.
In addition to its LABC approval, the fire barrier has also been recognised through the following achievements:
- Independently tested to BS476 : Part 22:1987
- Independently tested to BS476 (Warrington Fire Research Centre)
- Meets section J 5.4 of building regulations, Table 5.1 for Fire Protection for Oil Storage Tanks
- CE Marked in accordance with EN13341 and the Construction Products Regulations
- 2″ BSP Fill Connection with cap and chain
- 1″ Bottom Outlet (or optional 10mm top outlet available)
- Tank Pack (1″ – 1/2″ adaptor, ball valve and filter)
- Float Level Gauge and Electronic Level Gauge
- 2x 2" vents,
- 5" inspection lid
- Tank Colour: Green
All Tuffa Fire Protected tanks should be installed on an even non-combustible base which extends 300mm beyond the perimeter of the tank (with the exception of any sides which are adjacent fire rated walls - in this case a minimum of 100mm should be provided). The installation should be completed by a competent person and signed off either through building control or a competent persons scheme such as Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (APHC).